Microdosing shrooms is a growing trend in the world of psychedelics and mental health.
It’s been shown to improve mood and well-being, increase productivity and creativity levels, and even reduce symptoms of depression.
But are there actual benefits of microdosing shrooms?
In this article, we’ll break down what microdosing is and the numerous benefits it offers!
What Is Microdosing?
Microdosing is the term used to describe taking small doses (usually 0.1g to 0.2g) of psychedelic substances, such as LSD or Psilocybin Mushrooms.
Microdosing mushrooms involves taking small amounts of psylocibin to enhance cognition and brain health.
It’s considered a promising avenue for further research and development.
Each microdose results in a subtle effect on your physical and mental state without weighing you down with the same side-effects as heavier doses.
Benefits Of Microdosing Shrooms
There are numerous health benefits of microdosing shrooms.
A lot of people micro-dose mushrooms because it helps them break through creative blocks and find new perspectives for solving problems.
Microdosing can help a person learn a new skill or a language faster, as well as learning how to drive a car or operate within the rules of society.
In Silicon Valley, microdosing is popular with professionals who need more energy and focus to complete lengthy tasks that take up their work day.
Microdosing mushrooms makes you feel good mentally too, so it’s not hard to see why some people would choose this instead of using.
Numerous studies suggest that microdosing mushrooms increase overall cognitive function.
Users are able to think more clearly and see more connections in what they observed.
When you’re on psychedelics it is easier for your brain to make new neural connections.
The main benefit of microdosing mushrooms is that it gives users mental clarity and creativity without the fear of feeling overwhelmed by a full psychedelic trip.
Health Benefits Of Microdosing Magic Mushrooms
According to a study in the Harm Reduction Journal, the benefits of microdosing include:
- Improved Mood (26.6%) – Peacefulness, overall well-being, calmness, happiness, and a reduction in the symptoms of depression. Also includes more emotional and sexual connections, a general sense of optimism, and an improved outlook on life.
- Improved Focus (14.8%) – Covers skill sets like the ability to focus or concentrate, and enhanced self-awareness.
- Creativity (12.9%) – Aside from a general sense of improved creativity, this also includes behaviors such as being more open, enhanced curiosity, ability to shift perspectives, and divergent thinking.
- Self-Efficacy (11.3%) – This applies to such behaviors as ambition, self-motivation, self-confidence, and a sense of agency. It also relates to improved mental health, including increased introspection, the practice of meditation, and other aspects behaviors tied to self-care.
- Improved Energy (10.5%) – In this case, “energy” refers to things like mental stimulation, wakefulness, and alertness.
- Social Benefits (7.6%) – Outside of more engagement with others, this category also includes more empathy, greater sense of connection, and more extroversion.
- Cognitive Benefits (5.8%) – When microdosing, user experience heightened mental clarity, better memory recall, and an improvement in problem-solving ability.
- Reduced Anxiety (4.2%) – This applies to a reduction in both general and social anxiety.
- Physiological Enhancement (3.0%) – Includes enhanced visual acuity, cardio endurance, reduction of migraines and headaches, and higher quality of sleep.
Can I Microdose Shrooms To Relieve Anxiety?
Microdosing mushrooms can be a safe and effective way to relieve anxiety.
Some users report enhancement in mood and creativity while still feeling grounded inside their physical body. This allows them to experience life more fully.
Whereas traditional medications can cause us to shut down our emotions, psylocibin mushrooms seem able to do the opposite. Users often experience a calm, relaxed feeling while microdosing.
Can I Microdose Shrooms For Creativity?
Microdosing mushrooms to boost creativity is one of the most common use cases.
Psilocybin helps boost creative thinking because it interacts with serotonin receptors in the brain. This produces a range of consciousness-altering effects.
Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, was very open about his psychedelic use and its importance in the creation of the company.
Can Microdosing Shrooms Improve Your Mental Health?
While studies on microdosing mushrooms are still coming to light, there are numerous cases that have shown microdosing improves mental health.
Below are some ways that microdosing mushrooms improves your mental health:
- Magic mushrooms may improve mood, decrease feelings of depression and anxiety in patients with chronic illness, including cancer
- Microdosing may have beneficial effects on cognition, emotional processing and other psychiatric conditions
- Microdosing has been reported to help alleviate depression and feelings of loneliness, disconnection from society, chronic sorrows, and panic attacks due to lack of self-confidence or fear
How Can I Be Sure I’m Microdosing Safely?
If you’re thinking about microdosing shrooms, it’s important to keep in mind that there are many factors involved.
These include both legal issues and substance-related concerns.
The most important factors during any use of psychedelic mushrooms is dose and dosage.
Here’s a full list of other safety measures to consider:
- What substance (strain) you are using
- Dosage: (we recommend 0.1g to 0.2g for a microdose)
- Set & Setting: the environment in which you’re using mushrooms in
- Physiological Discomfort: reduced appetite, insomnia, nausea, etc.
- Increased Anxiety: first-time usage can lead to increased feelings of anxiety or stress
- Impaired Mood: some users report mood deterioration after usage
As with any new substance, please consult a medical professional or trusted advisor before microdosing mushrooms.
Is Microdosing Shrooms Legal?
The use of psychedelic mushrooms is not legal in the United States.
However, some US cities have started decriminalizing psychedelics as a whole.
You can find out more about the legalities of psychedelics in the US by checking out our guide, What States Are Psychedelic Mushrooms Legal In? [Full List].
Does Microdosing Shrooms Affect Driving?
Microdosing mushrooms may affect driving because of disturbances in depth perception and motor skills.
Driving under the influence of any substance can be dangerous for both the driver and others on the road.
When using psychedelic mushrooms, we recommend not operating a motor vehicle to ensure safety.
Does Microdosing Shrooms Really Work?
The overall effectiveness of microdosing shrooms depends on a variety of different things. There is no “yes” or “no” answer that will do justice.
We recommend speaking with others who have microdosed mushrooms and hearing first-hand experiences from them.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of microdosing shrooms, we highly recommend checking out Third Wave’s Microdosing Course.
Here’s a few reviews about the microdosing experience: