Making shroom tea is a great way to enjoy the benefits of mushrooms without having to eat them.
For many, shroom tea is the preferred method of shroom ingestion.
It produces less nausea, provided you are used to shrooms, and it allows for more thorough dosing.
Some would even say it has a better trip than ingesting magic mushrooms normally!
Although this might be true for some users, shroom tea can also produce some side effects if not brewed correctly.
This article will show you how to make shroom tea with ease, and also provides some information on the benefits and effects of doing so.
What is Shroom Tea?
Shroom tea is a beverage brewed using magic mushrooms containing psilocybin.
It can be made with fresh or dried shrooms, and is often enjoyed for its psychoactive effects.
Shroom tea is a great alternative for those who don’t like shrooms or dislike eating them.
Although shroom tea produces similar effects as normal, many people prefer it over ingesting mushrooms as normal.
It also has lower nausea levels than shrooms themselves, provided the user is accustomed to shrooms.
Shroom Tea Benefits
Shroom tea has many benefits, the most notable of which is its ability to induce psychoactive effects.
Other benefits include:
- Increased creativity and productivity
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Enhanced spiritual awareness and understanding
- Cognitive function support
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved sexual function
- Increased energy levels and mood
Shroom Tea Effects
The experience is very similar to shrooms themselves.
There is no one “typical” experience with this beverage.
Shroom tea can have stimulating or calming effects depending on how it affects you personally.
Some people find that drinking this tea relieves stress and increases energy levels while others feel more relaxed and calm after consuming it.
There is also evidence that suggests consumption of this drink may help improve moods in those who suffer from depression or anxiety disorders.
Some users report increased feelings of spiritual awareness, waves of euphoria and body highs, and lots of creative thinking.
Just like a regular dose of magic mushrooms, shroom tea may have side effects such as nausea and vomiting, so it is important to get the correct dosage for your tolerance level.
Shroom Tea Recipe
- Magic Mushrooms (pick your dose)
- Hot Water (2 cups)
- Lemon juice, ginger, or honey (optional)
- Tea bag (optional)
- Step 1: Calculate your dose of mushrooms. We recommend this scale if you’re looking to accurately weigh the dose. The last thing you want is to mis-dose as shroom tea can be quite effective.
- Step 2: Grind your mushrooms into a fine powder. You can use any household grinder (here’s our favorite)
- Step 3: Boil hot water or heat some up in the microwave
- Step 4: Pour water into a coffee mug
- Step 5: Add the shroom powder to the water in addition to a tea bag (you can also use freshly cut ginger)
- Step 6: Let the tea sit for 10-15 mins
- Step 7 (optional): Add honey or sweetener to taste
How Long Does Shroom Tea Take To Kick In?
It depends on the person, type of mushrooms you’re using, and dose.
The effects can take as little as 20 minutes to 2 hours to kick in, but most people feel its effects within an hour or so of consumption.
Some types of mushrooms may cause a more immediate response, whereas others might take longer due to their potency.
It’s always best to start out with small doses until you know how your body reacts because everyone is different and what works for one person might not work for another. Experimentation is key!
How Long Does Shroom Tea Last?
The effects of shroom tea can last up to 6 hours.
The tea will start to take effect within 30-60 minutes after ingestion.
The high will typically peak between 2-3 hours after drinking the tea, and will gradually wear off afterwards.
If you are drinking shroom tea for its psychoactive effects, it’s important to know that the strength of the tea will vary depending on how much psilocybin is left in the mushrooms after they are boiled.
So it’s a good idea to start with a low dose and work your way up if you don’t want a very strong trip.