How Much Is A Dose Of Magic Mushrooms?
A dose of magic mushrooms and its effects on the body differ according to body weight, body composition, and a variety of other factors.
While there’s no perfect formula for calculating a desired dose of magic mushrooms, there are some common benchmarks you can follow.
Microdose: 0.1g to 0.3g
A microdose is typically about 1/10th the amount of an average (medium to high) dose of magic mushrooms.
Microdosing is considered a “sub perceptual” dose, meaning that users won’t necessarily “feel” the effects of a magic mushroom trip.
Doing a microdose has shown to have many mental health benefits like mental clarity, improved productivity, and increased creativity.
Low Dose: 0.3g to 1g
A low dose of magic mushrooms will likely produce a noticeable psychedelic effect for users.
While these aren’t full blow psychedelic experiences, you’re more likely to experience a sense of euphoria such as heightened senses and seeing more vibrant colors.
Medium Dose: 1g to 3g
A medium dose of magic mushrooms will produce some psychedelic effects, such as open- and closed-eye visuals, heavier euphoria, and a strong feeling of presence.
This is the typical dose we recommend for users who are new to exploring magic mushrooms but don’t have access to the right set and setting for a higher dose.
High Dose: 3g to 5g
A high dose of magic mushrooms will produce a full-blown psychedelic experience for users.
This often includes cognitive dissociated and what users refer to as the start of an “ego death.”
We recommend being in a safe, comfortable environment when taking a high dose of magic mushrooms and make sure you have a trip sitter.
Heroic Dose: Over 5g
A heroic dose of magic mushrooms can be a bit overwhelming for some and result in complete “ego death.”
Users report feeling a complete “out of body” experience when dosing this high.
Please do not take a heroic dose unless you are under the supervision of a trained professional
Can You Over Dose On Magic Mushrooms?
There have been no reported cases of users overdosing on magic mushrooms that lead to death.
However, you can still overdose on magic mushrooms.
Common symptoms of a psilocybin overdose include:
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Excessive sweating
- Flushing of the skin
- Delusional thinking
- Slowed perception of time
- Muscle weakness
- Panic or paranoia
Make sure to always consult with a doctor or licensed medical professional before taking large doses of magic mushrooms.